There are many ways to bring your bathroom to life, including a new fast growing trend of LED edge lit mirrors.
Not only do these mirrors add style and personality to your space, but they are functional as well.
As the name suggests, an LED mirror is one that is equipped with LED lights. An edge lit mirror is one with lights installed around the perimeter on the backside of the mirror, typically behind a sandblasted area. This provides ambient backlighting, while making personal grooming and makeup application a breeze.
What are the advantages of LED lights?
You can use a variety of lighting types in your bathroom, but many homeowners prefer LED lights. Here are some of the top advantages when compared to other options, such as incandescent bulbs:
- LED lights use up to 80 percent less energy, thus saving you money on your monthly energy bills
- LED lights can help boost your energy level, which is something you may need in the early morning hours
- LED lights are designed to last thousands of hours
If you are interested in installing an LED edge lit mirror in your bathroom, here are some of the most important points to consider before purchase and installation:
- Where do you desire the most light in your bathroom?
- Is there an ideal location for your mirror, such as above your vanity or makeup area?
- From a design point, have you considered the style or shape of LED mirror to best compliment the room?
- An electrician is required to install power behind the new LED edge lit vanity mirrors. (Note- Our installers typically meet with your electrician to go over exactly what we need for a smooth install)
If you are wondering what would work best in your space, here are some excellent ideas to consider:
- Install an LED mirror (or two) above your vanity or make up area.We can customize your mirror by making it virtually any size/shape that you desire to fit your space.
- Get creative with the thickness and/or design of the border- vertical only, horizontal only, wide border, thin border, traditional patterns, geometric shapes, etc. We create our own artwork design and sandblasting in house, so bring your ideas!
- Experiment with all shapes and sizes. Circles, ovals and squares are all trending right now!
With so many LED edge lit mirrors to choose from, you should have no trouble finding the perfect one for your bathroom! Please contact us so we can help you create the LED edge lit mirror of your dreams today!