Are you looking for new ways to increase your home’s beauty? Or are you looking for cost effective ways to increase your home’s resale value? Have you given any thought to adding glass inserts to your front door?
While this may be something you overlooked in the past, it deserves 100 percent of your attention in the future. Once you examine your current door, you may come to the conclusion that it’s time to add glass inserts.
Reasons to Add Glass Inserts
If you’re on the fence, don’t hesitate to learn more about the benefits of adding glass inserts to your existing door. Some of the benefits include:
- Beauty: Adding glass to your existing door can dramatically change the look of your entryway from the inside and the outside of your home! Make your home unique and turn your entry doors into a work of art that will make your neighbors envious!
- Light: A glass insert in your entry door can dramatically increase the light into your home. If you are curious what this change will be like, try opening your door and looking at the natural light that comes in. There are also many options that will allow the light to enter but will provide privacy at the same time, giving you the best of both worlds!
- Cost Effective: As long as your existing doors are in good physical shape, you can save on permitting costs, finishing costs, material costs, and labor costs by adding glass to your existing doors.
- Speed: Some designs may be in stock or are quick-ship items and can be installed in your doors within days of selecting. The glass inserts are installed on-site, at your home, and installation can be completed in about an hour per door.
- Safety: There’s nothing more important than the safety of you and your family. There is a wide selection of hurricane impact rated glass options that will provide additional protection against severe weather or home intruders.
So, as you can see, not only do glass inserts increase the value of your home, but they also enhance curb appeal, allow natural light in, while also providing privacy and safety.
What Type of Glass Insert is Best?
There is a plethora of options when it comes to choosing a glass insert. Here are some things to consider.
- Style: There are unlimited options when it comes to door inserts … from contemporary to traditional, there is sure to be a glass style that will fit your design preference! Types of glass inserts available include leaded & beveled, etched or carved, fused glass, textured glass, colored glass, bubble glass and more!
- Standard vs. Custom: Most existing doors will accept a standard size glass insert. If your door will fit one of these standard options, it will allow you to select from a wide variety of standard glass designs that are pre-manufactured, which in turn will provide a cost savings. However, if your door is not a standard size or shape, or you want something completely unique, there are unlimited custom sizes and designs available.
- Privacy: Whether you are selecting from standard design options or something completely custom made, there are many options that will allow for full light to enter while offering extreme privacy. There are even options that are private enough to put in a pool bathroom door!
- Impact Rating: Most designs are available in a hurricane impact rated option. If not, or you would prefer to go with a shutter option, DoorShield shutter systems are also available.
With the vast options available, it may seem like a daunting task to select the best door insert for you. Do not fret! We encourage you to take a look at our website to get an idea of design and style that is right for you and your home. We also invite you to visit one of our SW Florida showrooms to have one of our knowledgeable Design Consultants help you through the process. If you would also like to explore the option of replacing your door as well as the glass, we are here to help!